Quality Engineer – Mobile Apps
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Quality Engineer – Mobile Apps to help design and implement automated testing in the CI/CD pipelines for our mobile apps. You will help steer the development teams toward better test strategies, and enable them to implement and maintain deterministic test automation. You will prepare test plans and write automation code towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing may be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing, mobile apps and devices, a great customer experience, and working in an agile context. In this role, you will work with senior quality engineers to help promote adoption of testing best practices and tools.
- Help to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Utilize test automation frameworks standards and tools and contribute to best practices
- ·Assist in implementing and enforcing continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Write and maintain automation for select projects, primarily mobile apps, though other types may include frontend web UI applications and REST APIs
- Build credibility with development teams and teach them how to write good tests and testable code
- Communicate status, metrics, and trending of quality for the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ related or equivalent required
- 1+ years of software testing experience
- Proven ability to write software
- Demonstrated ability to use and understand relevant technologies
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Some Knowledge of current test automation tools and frameworks (ie: Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Postman, RestAssured)
- Experience using performance testing tools and processes a plus
- Working knowledge of Git preferred
- Exposure to Xcode or AndroidStudio preferred
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.