Public Relations Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry provides a unique opportunity for public relations professionals who want to share genuine, life-changing stories with consumers. Our products have a deeply meaningful impact on our members making our work at Ancestry especially rewarding for employees.
Public Relations Coordinators are responsible for supporting either corporate communications, internal communications, or consumer public relations with their programs. This position will support the consumer public relations team. Their activities could include developing writing materials and/or managing campaigns that target consumers. Their activities also include materials development, media pitching, and coverage tracking.
- Support diverse range of public relations efforts for the consumer PR team.
- Support consumer PR campaigns with research, development of materials and pitching to select media.
- Track media coverage daily, share highlights with internal team and compile weekly newsletter to recap coverage.
- Monitor, vet and share daily news trends to team internally.
- Manage inbound inquiries from media and customers, responding or forwarding to other team members as needed.
- Respond and record inbound customer stories and sort through customer story database to find, vet and pitch customer stories to media.
- Work with agency to identify key news moments and pitch related Ancestry stories to targeted media.
- Magage relationships with trade bloggers and influencers alerting them of any relevant Ancestry updates.
- Work with vendors, finance, legal and accounting teams to process and track contracts, requisitions and invoices.
- Manage and update PR resources like images, videos and guides for team and to share externally.
- Work with data, science and legal teams to pull compelling, supportive data points and stories to support PR outreach
- BA in PR, Communications or Journalism is preferred.
- 2+ years related PR experience preferred.
- A go-getter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with Cision and media monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience interpreting data and tech information into simplified language for written materials and communication with consumer media.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.