FP&A Manager - DNA Operations
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page at: http://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join the DNA Operations FP&A team. This highly visible position will report to the Director of FP&A and will be responsible for partnering with the DNA science and operations teams to forecast the costs and revenues driven by the DNA business. This financial leader will have excellent communication and presentation skills, established leadership experience, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced commercial finance team, superb analytical abilities and an incredible attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Provide FP&A support for the EVP of DNA including monthly variance analysis, forecast/budget updates, strategy, and ad-hoc analysis
- Manage a team of analysts responsible for forecasting and analysis of the DNA Operations & Science business
- Own the global DNA Operations and Science P&L forecast – revenue timing, COGS, headcount, software expense, outside services, etc.
- Maintain an accurate forecast of the DNA supply chain and provide guidance to the supply chain team regarding sales volumes, customer behavior, and other variables that may impact operations
- Partner with external labs to ensure coordination of genotyping efforts, capacity constraints, and changes in technology or processes
- Support accounting in the monthly/quarterly close process
- Partner with the operations team to build out standard reporting metrics and dashboards for the executive team, ensuring data integrity and consistency between FP&A and operations
- Experience with financial reporting, income statement forecasting and analysis, revenue forecasting, COGS forecasting, personnel expense forecasting, etc.
- Coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans
- Work with operations and science functional managers to develop and build plans
- Maintain and develop standard business metrics for analyzing business performance
- Maintain existing and develop new management information reports that report key metrics and communicate trends to appropriate management
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- BS in Finance, MBA is STRONGLY preferred (with equivalent Planning experience)
- 7+ years of progressive relevant experience; minimum 3 years in a leadership role;
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Experience with, or strong understanding of, hard goods businesses (supply chain/manufacturing)
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, report building skills
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment
- Strong understanding of relational databases, Tableau or SQL proficiency preferred
- Experience with TM1 and Oracle Financials or comparable technologies required
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.