International Tax Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
We love what we do at Ancestry, and who can blame us. We work for a company that empowers our members to discover, preserve and share their family history. Our technology is cutting edge and our database holds more than 20 billion historical records. Our members love our product and, are as passionate about what we do as we are.
The Ancestry Team
- You will work within a dedicated group of friendly, helpful teammates
- We cultivate a lively team spirit & an easy-going office vibe
- We always encourage each other to challenge convention, and to continue finding better ways to delight our members
We are seeking an experienced tax professional for a fixed 12 month period to join our International HQ in Dublin. Reporting to the Director of Tax in Lehi, Utah, USA, and working closely with our international finance department in Dublin, this position is primarily responsible for all taxation related projects and compliance outside of USA including international VAT and income tax compliance. In addition, they will manage a Tax analyst based in Dublin who helps assist on projects and day to day tasks with special responsibility for compliance related tasks.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Act as initial point of contact for all international tax-related items in the company.
- Responsible for global tax compliance and planning (excluding USA).
- Run international taxation projects including expansion to new markets, launch of new products and routes to market.
- Responsibility for international transfer pricing including recharges, reports and Revenue interaction.
- Monitor the changing international tax environment for issues that are detrimental or present tax opportunities.
- Proactively monitor changing business practices to ensure that tax position and reporting is properly aligned with tax environment.
- Liaise with senior leadership (Legal, Privacy and Operations) in Dublin on business tasks that require international tax input.
- Ensure all tax filings are completed accurately and by the specified delivery dates.
- Work with the US Tax team to ensure accuracy of quarterly Group tax provision.
- 6+ years of tax experience
- Qualified Taxation and accounting professional
- Industry experience strong positive but not required
- Good level of VAT/Customs experience
- Good level of transfer pricing experience
- Able to act independently, exercising independent decision making, and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive attitude, who excels both independently and as part of a team
- Solid accounting and technical skills (FRS 102, US GAAP, IFRS, SOX)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Ireland Unlimited Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.