Senior IOS Developer
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
If you have what it takes to build and deliver award-winning native mobile applications on a large scale, we have a rewarding career opportunity for you.
As a member of Ancestry's mobile team, your experience will be leveraged to positively impact existing and new users of Ancestry. The code you build will be shipped in iOS apps that have been featured on the App Store and have 1000's of daily downloads. Additionally, your direct work will instrumental in improving Ancestry's customer engagement in a truly global marketplace.
- Own technical aspects of software development
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Write code and unit tests, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identify opportunities for code reuse and component sharing across multiple mobile apps
- Facilitate features being built as shared frameworks.
- Design APIs that other teams will find a pleasure to use
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identify continuous improvements to delivery processes
- Work with UX & product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Bachelor's in CS or related field is required. Master's preferred.
- 5+ years experience in IOS development, ideally with both Swift and Objective-C.
Strong skills in the following technologies:
- Swift, Objective-C
- iOS platform frameworks
- UIKit and Core Animation
- Core Data or other local persistence technology
- RESTful Web Services
- Framework creation & usage
- Experience in building production software applications
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience with design and implementation of distributed applications, APIs or frameworks
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.