Senior Software Quality Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to design and implement automated testing in the CI/CD pipelines. You will steer the development teams toward better test strategies and enable them to implement and maintain deterministic test automation. You will prepare test plans and cases and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing may be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing, a great customer experience, Web services test automation, and working in an agile context. In this role, you will mentor, coach, and work directly with development teams to promote adoption of testing best practices and tools. You will lead and coordinate efforts with third party testers on their development teams.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Utilize test automation frameworks standards and tools, and contribute to best practices
- Implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Write and maintain automation for select projects, primarily for REST web services, though other types may include frontend web UI applications, mobile web and mobile apps
- Expand testing and test automation across the development teams and help the teams take ownership
- Build credibility with development teams, and teach them how to write good tests and testable code
- Communicate status, metrics and trending of quality for the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ related or equivalent required
- 5+ years of software testing experience developing and maintaining API and microservices test automation
- Verifiable working knowledge of HTTP protocol (methods, headers, MIME types), REST, JSON, XML
- Demonstrable experience of software development and agile software test lifecycles
- Demonstrate the ability to use and understand new technologies
- Experience with continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation in the dev pipeline
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of current test automation tools and frameworks (ie: Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Postman, RestAssured)
- Fluency in test automation using Java
- Experience maintaining, setting up and using SonarQube for static analysis and quality gates preferred
- Experience using performance testing tools and processes a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Jenkins, continuous delivery, Git preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.