Program Manager, Supply Chain
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a motivated, collaborative and talented professional to contribute to the challenging and growing needs of the DNA Team. Program Manager will sit on Program Management team of Supply Chain Design and Optimization department. Program Manager is responsible for managing all program activities from initiation to user adoption. Program Manager will report to Senior DNA Program Manager and will work closely with Product, Analytics, Engineering and Production team to ensure timely deliveries of initiatives to improve and scale AncestryDNA's Supply Chain.
A successful Program Manager must be a high-level thinker to engage with executive team to strategize and be hands-on to define and deliver. Program manager ensures initiatives are defined, scoped and prioritized based on cost, effort, benefits and risks. Program Manager will then ensure programs are delivered on-time and on budget, tested, implemented and documented. Excellent communication and collaboration are essential skills to coordinate efforts across multi-disciplinary teams such as Operations, Product, Development, Engineering, Logistics, Analytics, Lab Sciences, Data Sciences, Commerce, Marketing, etc.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of programs through program lifecycle and provide executive updates to stakeholders
- Gather, synthesize and understand business requirements of initiatives; prioritize and produce project plans, timelines and milestones
- Ensure timely delivery of programs, identify dependencies, and ensure that teams are working together efficiently to overcome roadblocks
- Monitor progress of programs to ensure overall goals, schedules, budget and benefits are met
- Be a critical thinker and quickly analyze a situation and organize the team around a solution by guiding the conversations
- Lead the process to help stakeholders understand dependencies and trade-offs throughout the product development process
- Ensure informed decisions are made by providing a unified view of project status and risk factors and use negotiation skills to achieve acceptable outcomes
- Establish and extend best practices department-wide by continuously capturing and iterating on project management processes, resulting in improved efficiencies
- Assist on aligning the right resources to the right projects at the right time, ensuring individual resources are deployed optimally and requirements are clearly understood
- Coordinate program launch plans with product management, marketing and engineering
- Build key relationships across the company to ensure smooth integration of new processes and programs
Who You Are:
- Master's degree of equivalent experience (MBA is a plus)
-- Preferred Majors: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Engineering Management
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Supply Chain Systems/Analytics Management
--Preferred 3+ years in Program/Project/Product Management
-- Preferred Industries: Software development, High-tech, biotech and life sciences
- Possess fundamental Supply Chain knowledge and understand systems and processes behind operations
- Must have experience leading cross-functional teams
- Project management experience with a successful track record in managing systems and process implementations.
- Familiarity with project planning software such as MS Project, Primavera, etc.
- Analytical aptitude and demonstrated experience in using analytics to drive system and process improvements
- Familiarity with agile framework is a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills is required
- Complex formula writing, model building, macros and VBA is a plus
- Strong technical understanding is required, programming skills such as SQL, VBA, R, Python is a plus
- ERP experience is required
- Experience in developing, prioritizing and delivering initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex initiatives into executable/understandable segments
- Excellent presentation skills and lead team meetings and discussions between different organizations to ensure participants are interested, engaged and on-topic
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities
- Must be self-organized and self-managed and proactively seek feedback and input
- Eager to learn and grow professionally
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.