Senior Application Security Engineer - Ancestry (Lehi, UT)
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is looking for an experienced, motivated Application Security Engineer who's excited about the opportunity to work in the unique field of DNA and family history and about finding and resolving security vulnerabilities on a variety of platforms.
This will be a mix of Development using a variety of cutting-edge technologies, along with Web Application Testing, Penetration testing.
If you have an abundance of passion for Information Security and are one who is constantly researching the possibilities and have a strong desire to blaze your own trail of possibilities, then this is the opportunity and the team for you!
What do you do:
Help design secure web application architecture and secure design principles
- Perform security code audits and design reviews
- Complete manual focused web application vulnerability assessments
- Advocate security and secure coding practices
- Perform secure code trainings with groups of developers
- Analyze, assess and respond to various security threats
- Seek out opportunities to automate processes wherever relevant
Who you are:
- B.S. or M.S. in related field (or equivalent experience) required
- A minimum of five years' experience working in Application Security (application-level vulnerability testing, code-level security auditing, and exploit development)
- Experience with OWASP methodologies
- A strong drive and passion for working in Security, collaboratively on an IS team.
- Work experience in common web application testing tools (Burp Suite, nikto, w3af, WebScarab, etc..)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Familiar with industry and privacy standards such as PCI, SOC, and HIPAA is a plus
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.