Marketing Cloud Automation Specialist, Marketing Production
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry is seeking a self-motivated and detail oriented candidate with a unique combination of technical ability and email marketing experience to join our team. This individual will be responsible for executing day-to-day operational tasks such as segmenting customer data and working with marketing technology teams to support promotional and lifecycle marketing campaigns as well as troubleshoot SQL and data health issues. You will collaborate with multiple departments to ensure that email initiatives are complete, on-time, and executed with a high degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
This position is located in our Lehi, UT office.
What you will do:
- Support the operations of the CRM channel working with marketing managers to create email campaigns and automated programs through Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Create complex segmentations using SQL logic and queries in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- The position will also assist the Marketing team with database queries, audience exports, and reporting on campaign performance.
- This person will be familiar with advanced customer segmentation, manage multiple simultaneous projects, and will work cross-functionally with Marketing Strategy, Marketing Technology and Marketing Production teams to translate business objectives to actionable database marketing strategies.
- Identify and isolate data issues, provide resolution by troubleshooting or engaging other related technology groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum 2 years email marketing experience preferred
- Advanced understanding and practical application of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with SQL
- Solid understanding of databases and query logic
- Solid understanding of data structure and requirements for marketing campaigns
- Translate business requirements into campaign technical requirements and make recommendations based on best practices.
- Proven record for problem resolution and successful completion of complex projects
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Versatile/flexible, can manage competing demands and prioritize effectively
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to think logically and critically when troubleshooting along with a desire to grow your technical skill set
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with HTML, CSS and AmpScript
- Understand the latest industry trends and use cases surrounding the use of CDPs and be a champion of best practices in the industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.