Senior Litigation, Employment Paralegal
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Sr. Litigation, Employment Paralegal to join our vibrant and growing legal team and have a key role in supporting our litigation and employment law functions. You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor. This role will report to our Sr. Director, Legal (Litigation & Employment).
What you will do:
- Design and implement scalable processes to manage and streamline litigation and employment-related projects.
- Assist with the production of documents and information by analyzing requests, consulting with internal business partners, and obtaining, reviewing and producing documents.
- Drive the process for gathering relevant materials and preparing responses to litigation demands, discovery requests, subpoenas and agency claims.
- Organize and process pleadings, correspondence, exhibits and other documents
- Coordinate document collections/productions and liaise with eDiscovery team.
- Review and prepare objections/responses to subpoenas.
- Lead the process for updating employment related policies, guidelines, and templates in partnership with attorneys and the Ancestry People Team.
- Manage service of process and day-to-day calendaring/docketing of case deadlines.
- Draft routine correspondence and assist in special projects, including fact investigations and interviews; create internal templates, guidelines, and playbooks.
- Implement litigation legal holds.
- Develop and maintain knowledge management and knowledge sharing systems within the team.
- Liaise between attorneys and business partners and outside counsel as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in litigation and employment law, as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Experience with litigation in both California state and federal courts.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word.
- Able to undertake complex projects with little supervision.
- Self-motivated with a high level of independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external clients and promote the reputation and integrity of the Legal Team
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft and Google software applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage internal customer expectations
· Experience with eDiscovery systems a plus
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent (including paralegal certificate)
· Flexible and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.