Scientific Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a Program Manager to provide leadership for high priority and strategic science-related initiatives. We’re looking for someone with a great science background and demonstrated program and project management abilities. You’ll be responsible for the timely execution of complex science-based projects, and work closely with a diverse team of scientists including population geneticists, computational biologists, computer scientists, and statisticians to achieve business and science objectives within a timeline and budget framework.
What you will do
- Working with a diverse team of population geneticists, computational biologists, computer scientists and statisticians, the Program Manager will
- Work to incorporate strategic direction into a series of actionable, measurable interdependent science programs/projects to achieve both short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborations to successfully execute and complete the program / project portfolio.
- Develop and execute appropriate communication plans.
- Provides program & project management subject matter expertise and support for large and/or complex interdependent programs ensuring effective cross-functional communication and alignment.
- Leads the organization in delivering projects that meet scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- When needed, acts as the project manager for projects that roll up into the larger program.
- Ensures information concerning project status (i.e. schedules, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues) passes to-and-from key stakeholders.
- Ensures that an effective risk escalation process is established and that barriers to effective project execution are identified and addresses
- Resolves program management and project services resource conflicts in cooperation with key stakeholders
- The successful candidate will have an MS or Ph.D. in biology, genetics, computer science, or a related field or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in program/project management of projects that involve scientific/research data and algorithms/software applications (including managing projects through the transition from R&D to production or commercialization)
- Ability to see the interrelationship of a project across "the big picture" and understand its dependency on other projects in the program as required
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for our collaborative and fast-paced team environment
- Expertise in one or more of: Genomics, Population Genetics, Machine Learning, Regulated environments,
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.