Full Stack Developer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories: family history, and consumer genetic testing.
What you will do:
- Performance work including: profiling, time to first byte, browser memory usage, decreasing the overall load time of applications and hitting first meaningful paint.
- Implementation and mentoring other team members on best practices and bringing them up to speed.
- Architecting and building out front end applications to leverage the benefits of Amazon Web Services.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, US, and Research.
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed and ensure quality is maintained as development moves forward.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms)
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Development experience with REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL and Caching
- Experience with Reactive architectures and asynchronous code
- Understanding of software development processes and design and implementation
- Disciplined approach to development including QA and Design Patterns
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.