- London, UK
Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to develop new experiences to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission- to help every person discover, preserve and share the story of what led to them.
Ancestry has more than 1,400 employees in locations across the globe. Headquartered in Utah, Ancestry has offices in San Francisco, Dublin, London, Sydney, and Munich.
Due to a focus on our International expansion Ancestry.com UK Limited is seeking a Media Director, an exciting brand-new position in our London office and a pivotal role for our International strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a media professional with experience of managing and executing innovative and effective media campaigns across multiple territories. Excellent planning, project management, commercial and communication skills are essential.
You will lead the development, implementation and analysis of robust media plans with the local teams. You will then work on creating & implementing relevant best practice.
As this is a new role the successful candidate will have the responsibility to establish a structure that effectively works with the local teams to deliver media plans and directly support the business objectives.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Using your commercial expertise, you will work with the local teams to interpret business goals to develop & drive the media strategy
- Demonstrate how the strategy delivers the business goals through results & innovation
- Educate relevant stakeholders so they have a clear understanding of strategy & learnings
Media & agency expertise:
- Manage negotiations & assessment of agency portfolio across all territories
- Provide guidance to all agencies on business requirements & accountable to drive their delivery and performance
- Develop innovative partnerships & media partners across territories
Collaboration & best practise:
- Lead country level reviews & planning; then communicate across Geos best practise & learnings
- Analysing and evaluating technology & platforms to ensure we are monitoring & optimising effectively across the International business
- 10 years+ experience in media
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Proven experience of agency management across a portfolio
- Deep understanding of media channels & proven track record of optimisation
- Hands on experience of managing media channels
- Good project management, and the ability to handle concurrent projects
- First hand analytical experience; problem solving & optimisation
- Self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative
- Ideally have a media agency background with International experience
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.