Senior Data Analyst
- Dublin, Ireland
Ancestry, the leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than 3 million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites and approximately 10 million DNA samples in the AncestryDNA database.
12 Month Contract
Ancestry is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to come onboard and provide actionable insights on a range of potential analyses ranging across A/B testing, channel optimization, segmentation etc. This role presents a great opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic area, with huge opportunities for learning.
Working closely with members of Marketing, Product, Data Science and Engineering teams, you will define and report on key metrics, analyse customer behaviours/data assets and optimise our products and content. This role also involves unleashing the insights hidden within the data and explaining its relevance to non-technical business partners in a way that is actionable and comprehensible to them. If you understand and love business, analytics and technology - then read on!
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Identify critical business problems/key knowledge and translate into technical analyses
- Work closely with International stakeholders to intimately understand requirements, demonstrate capabilities, and capture strategic opportunities
- Present timely, compelling, fact-based test reports, dashboards and analyses that explain the business “story” behind the data, detailing what happened and why
- Be willing to take the lead on a wide range of analytic requests from the simple to the very complex
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources
- Monitor and analyse prospect and customer engagement trends and provide recommendations to optimise customer lifetime value
- Keep a constant and proactive eye out for potential improvements in analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools.
- Undergraduate degree a must - Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or a quantitative discipline a plus
- 4+ years of experience analysing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories
- Experience using/implementing tracking for a web analytics tool such as Adobe or Google Analytics
- Professional experience analysing very large datasets with SQL, R, SAS or another statistical package
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc)
- Data visualization experience with Tableau a plus
- Strong research skills and an analytical mind-set
- Extremely detail-oriented but able to see the big picture
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data and its implications in a clear, concise manner
- Demonstrated strong commitment to quality of data
- Bias for action
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time