Principal Marketing Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Marketing is ever changing and very exciting at Ancestry. We use a wide variety of marketing platforms and we’re constantly looking for cutting edge data analytics solutions to optimize and our marketing budgets appropriately across them.
We’re looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of marketing data including from vendor platforms, web traffic tools and our internal company database. You will use their strong analytics skills and tools (SQL, Python, Tableau) to craft stories and make recommendations to the marketing team and executives.
In this role you will also drive strategic analytics projects in conjunction with the Data Science, Data Warehouse and MarTech teams. You will champion data driven decision making and the test and learn approach for the company’s marketing efforts.
What you will do:
- Provide strategic analytics support for marketers on channels like SEO, SEM, Display, Affiliates, Audio and TV.
- Be the company expert on marketing data and lead the data effort to consolidate vendor spend/impression data for Media Mix Modelling and Multi Touch Attribution efforts.
- Collaborate with data science to implement predictive models into marketing programs.
- Set up statistically sound tests to understand the impact of marketing efforts.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources.
- Present impactful analysis and data stories to marketers and executives in a compelling way.
- Independently own projects, setting timelines and expectations.
- Keep a constant and proactive eye out for potential improvements in analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools.
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams
- 7+ years of experience analyzing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories.
- 4+ years in a marketing focused role
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Data Viz Guru (Tableau)
- Knowledge of Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics)
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- Extremely detail-oriented, but still able to see the big picture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Bias for action
- Degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Economics or something else “quanty”
- R, Python or other statistical package
- Prior experience in a digital or subscription based business
- Loves family history and genealogy
Working for Ancestry
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.