- San Francisco, CA, USA
As a Copywriter in the Ancestry Creative Department, you will help express and define the Ancestry voice in social and brand content. You’ll be concepting and writing for everything from social posts to video scripts, and potentially bigger interactive explorations. Work will both reflect and inspire cross-channel initiatives and larger campaigns. Versatility, passion, brand consistency, and creativity are key, as well as thinking holistically and strategically about the universe of content your team creates. You are always putting our customers and their stories first, and looking for new ways to engage, inspire, or inform them through social and brand channels. This is a mid-level position, reporting to the Associate Creative Director, Content.
What you will do:
- Develop relevant, timely, engaging social posts, banners, videos, post copy, interactive pieces, and more. You’ll react and adapt quickly to internal needs and external influences.
- Work closely with other creative team members (Art Directors, Designers, Production Design and Project Management) to create and execute successful content across channels, including online and offline. You should have an eye for good design and have experience partnering with an Art Director or Designer. Experience working with directors/videographers on videos—including script writing and conducting interviews is a bonus.
- Work collaboratively across teams to grow effective internal and external relationships and influence change. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Social Media Manager to develop content campaigns.
- Represent and become an expert on the brand voice, adapting it appropriately for different channels or platforms.
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience(s), to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven assignments simultaneously.
- Persuasively present and clearly share your expert point of view on news ideas, and how copywriting/messaging can improve the customer experience and deliver results.
- Diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining positive relationships with partners in the organization.
- Be capable of reworking ideas to fit broader brand initiatives or campaigns.
- Collaborate and innovate with outside partners, including creative teams from Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, Google and more.
- Jump in on other projects to as needed. This can include product launches, tradeshow materials, performance ads—even corporate communications.
- Have fun. Being part of the content creative team will give you the freedom to experiment with a range of ideas, big and small.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or in-house creative department. Please submit your online portfolio with your application.
- Recent online brand experience mandatory, preferably with a large brand. Focus on consumer services or technology a plus.
- Proven track record working across multiple channels, including video, display advertising, social media, and search marketing.
- A deep understanding of writing and creating content for individual platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest and adapting ideas to fit the unique nature of each.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional copywriting skills. Candidates without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- Curiosity. We want someone who is flexible and is willing to take chances.
- A culture vulture who reads, views and consumes a wide range of content both on and offline. We want an individual who is excited about what is new and next, and can find relevant ways to tie culturally relevant trends to our brand, doing it with panache and substance.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.