Senior Statistician, Product Analytics
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry seeks a Senior Statistician to join our Product Analytics team to explore rich customer and product datasets and leverage advanced analytical and statistical methods to uncover actionable insights and to provide recommendations. You will lead projects ranging from survey sampling, discover user behavior patterns discovery, controlled experimentation, statistical model construction and causal inference. The role will report to the Director of Product Analytics.
This position can be located at our offices in either Lehi, UT or San Francisco, CA.
What you will do:
- Understand customer segmentation, identify behavior patterns cross devices and their relationship to KPIs, customer success and satisfaction.
- Support survey statistical support for customer satisfaction survey program.
- Designing and executing sampling and weighting plans. Recommend modifications and enhancements to improve the statistical validity and cost effectiveness
- Apply statistical, probability, and mathematical disciplines to design, conduct, and analyze surveys
- Preparing technical reports, presentations, and executive summaries
- Identify the drivers of customer satisfaction
- Improve Product KPI framework
- Understand the relationship among Product KPIs and business KPIs and identify leading indicators
- Develop a capability to identify trends, anomalies and other meaningful patterns
- Analyze controlled experimentation and develop metrics to measure and improve learning speed cross all Product experimentation
- Evaluate the statistical soundness of out-of-box functionality of third-party analytics tool
- Advocate and educate the community on experimentation methodologies and statistical techniques
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or quantitative social science - or and equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of a MS in statistics, biostatistics, or quantitative social science. 4+ years industry experience required.
- Knowledge and experience with sampling, weighting, non-response analysis/adjustments, missing data techniques, and assessing/minimizing survey bias, variance and error.
- Advanced statistical knowledge (e.g. multivariate data analysis, generalized linear mixed models, sample size simulations, predictive modeling, survival/reliability modeling) is required. Familiarity with Bayesian statistical methods and multi-armed bandit algorithm.
- Experience with experimentation methodologies – DOE, post-stratification, quasi-experimental research designs, sequential testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to translate research findings for business audience
- Ability to work well in teams; collaborative problem solving
- Strong ability to conduct statistical programming in Python or R
- Big Data technology is plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.