- Woking, UK
Ancestry.co.uk is the UK’s largest family history website with over 1 billion UK and Ireland genealogy records available to search. An upcoming project includes the digitisation of collections held by Surrey History Centre. The first stage of this project will be the imaging of the original documents. This will take place on site at Surrey History Centre.
The main objective of this post will be:
- To operate and maintain the imaging equipment (training will be given)
- Quality Assure resulting images
- Carry out minor document prep as required (and permitted by Surrey History Centre)
The successful candidate should have the necessary skills and ability to handle fragile and irreplaceable documents carefully and sensibly.
They will be the ‘face’ of Ancestry within Surrey History Centre and therefore responsible for maintaining good relations.
- The aptitude to acquire a knowledge of scanning techniques
- Strong sense of purpose and pride in their work
- A good use of initiative
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven IT ability
- Previous experience of similar project work
- General knowledge and appreciation of history/genealogy
- General knowledge of photography
Contract: Temporary (6 months)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week excluding meal breaks.
At management discretion and agreement with Surrey History Centre, staff are expected to be flexible with their working patterns. The History Centre is open to staff between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Ireland Unlimited Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.