Principal Product Manager, Data Science
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Principal Product Manager to join our platform product team and support the data science organization. In this role, you will drive both customer and business value by identifying applied data science opportunities across the organization and collaborating with multiple teams to realize that value.
You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders-including the head of data science-to deliver vision, strategy, and innovative customer experiences for data science across Ancestry products and marketing.
You have extensive past experience as a product manager working with data science teams. You are comfortable working with many different business and product teams and can break down and solve complex problems. This position requires high communication and collaboration skills as this is a cross-functional, cross-team cutting position. You communicate in a clear and concise manner and are comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach for prioritization, communicate project status, and escalations on a regular basis.
What you will do:
- Act as the product owner for all experiences related to data science including Ancestry product, emerging business, and marketing
- Work with internal and external customers to drive the roadmap and prioritization of requirements in the data science domain
- Work with your engineering and product partners to prioritize and allocate resources against a variety of projects touching many teams at Ancestry
- Work in close collaboration with product, engineering, and UX design partners, as well as other scrum teams to identify and realize value
- 5+ years experience in a data science product management role
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Extensive understanding and experience of building machine-learning based customer experiences
- Ability to cohesively gather and prioritize functional and technical user requirements from disparate sources, including consumers, getting to key user needs
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- An ability to drive consensus and resolve stakeholder differences through data-driven analysis, influence, and relationship building skills, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- Strong collaboration skills with internal UX and Engineering teams as well as external customers in an agile environment
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.