Manager, Product Analytics
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry seeks a Manager to lead a Product Analytics team on our Application domain product focused on exciting areas, such as personalized discoveries of Family History, envisioning the future of consumer genomics, delivering value to the customer through a mix of acquisition, engagement and retention strategies, and enabling data-driven product development. In addition to analytics operation, if you love to shape the vision and strategic role of Product Analytics, then this will be the role for you. The role will report to the Director of Customer and Product Analytics.
This position can be located at Lehi, Utah office. Relocation assistance is provided.
What you will do
- Engage with Product and Marketing leaders to identify and deliver customer centric strategic analysis to identify opportunities and support key Application domain product and business initiatives beyond the scope of supporting reactive requests.
- Drive improvements in customer engagement with related metrics using data-driven techniques such as experimentation and lead statistical and implementation components of A/B testing and related analysis.
- Collaborate actively between your team, Product Management, Engineering and UX to measure the impact of product launches, including validating behavior tracking, defining success metrics, aligning on experimental approaches and communicating metrics impact.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to track and communicate key performance indicators for Application domain stakeholders.
- Work with partners cross organizations to improve data infrastructure, enrich customer/product dataset and improve data quality.
- Manager and guide a team of analysts and provide guidance on technical models and analyses produced by the team.
Who you are
- 5+ years of Analytics and 2+ years of Product Analytics experience for online consumer software product, e.g. online shopping, social site, streaming services, gaming and etc.
Minimum of 1+ years of experience of building and retaining a high-performance and diverse analytics team.
Masters/PhD in Statistics, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline preferred.
Demonstrated leadership across managing high visibility projects without much guidance and solve problems quickly with minimal oversight
Exceptional problem solving, technical and data-analysis skills
Strong written and oral presentation skills and able to communicate complex concepts to various audience from analysts to executives in clear and concise manner
Attention to details and balance operation and strategic perspective of running analytics organization
Excellent organization and time management skills; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Proficiency with Excel, SQL, Statistical modeling, web analytics tool, Python (or R) and Tableau. Big Data technology is plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.