Senior Manager, International Communications
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to help with the development and execution of our consumer communications strategy as we continue to expand and grow our international business. You will be responsible for PR, Social Media and Influencer Marketing activities for Ancestry’s international business, with a focus on Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and in additional countries as launched.
You will manage a US-based team and work with agencies around the world. You will also collaborate with our US consumer communications team based in San Francisco and Utah, as well as other key stakeholders across the business in multiple US locations, London, Dublin and Sydney.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute the communications strategy to support the company’s objectives in Australia, New Zealand and Canada (including PR, influencer marketing)
- Develop and execute the social media strategy, in line with business and communications objectives in Canada.
- Key point of contact and management of multiple PR agencies (based in Sydney, Auckland and Toronto)
- Some project management of multi-channel campaigns, involving close collaboration with marketing teams and external media partners
- Create and execute campaigns that support the company’s branding, positioning and messaging.
- Implement and manage relationships with external spokespeople and other external business partners in multiple countries.
- Coordinate and direct PR activities by country such as media programs, product reviews, press releases and press kits for national, regional, broadcast, online and trade media.
- Manage and optimise the company’s international PR budget.
- Frequent travel abroad
Who you are:
- 5 years minimum public relations experience with at least two years of online experience and 3-5 years management experience.
- Experience in managing communications campaigns in multiple markets with in-country contacts.
- Experience in consumer PR, social media and influencer marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, media stories and social media content.
- Well-developed personal network and strong media relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective professional relationships with co-workers in international offices and external partners.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with experience writing press releases, pitches, media briefings and by-lined articles.
- Experience in creating and drafting content for social media
- Commercially-minded and results focused
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Self starting with the ability to manage projects autonomously as necessary.
- Strong awareness of wider marketing channel mix preferred
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.