Associate Program Manager, Supply Chain
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a motivated, collaborative and talented professional to contribute to the challenging and growing needs of the DNA Team. Associate Program Manager will sit on Program Management team of Supply Chain Design and Optimization department. Associate PM is responsible for planning and tracking program activities from initiation to user adoption. Associate Program Manager will report to Senior DNA Program Manager and will work closely with Product, Analytics, Engineering and Production team to ensure timely deliveries of initiatives to improve and scale AncestryDNA's Supply Chain.
A successful Associate Program Manager must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills to support the program team. Associate Program Manager ensures programs are tracked based on cost and time and are tested and documented. Associate Program Manager owns implemented programs and assesses program performances and proposes ideas to increase system and processes enhancements. Excellent communication and collaboration are essential skills to coordinate efforts across multi-disciplinary teams such as Operations, Product, Development, Engineering, Logistics, Analytics, Lab Sciences, Data Sciences, Commerce, Marketing, etc.
What you will do:
- Manage and track progress of program activities to ensure overall goals, schedule, budget and benefits of the program are met
- Own processes and tools used for documentation and project management
- Produce project plans, activity dependencies, project timelines and reports
- Conduct assessments of system accuracy, efficiency, productivity and performance
- Create documents and process flows used to educate business users
- Assist scoping and requirements gathering of initiatives
- Assist on aligning the right resources to the right projects at the right time, ensuring individual resources are deployed optimally and requirements are clearly understood
- Assist the Program Management team on active programs and adapt to changing needs of the team
- Owns post production support on implemented programs and suggests enhancements and improvements to increase efficiency and system accuracy
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree is required (Masters preferred, MBA is a plus)
--Preferred Majors: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Engineering Management
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Supply Chain Systems/Analytics Management --Preferred 2+ years in Program/Project/Product Management
--Preferred Industries: Software development, High-tech, biotech and life sciences
- Supply chain knowledge and excellent understanding of systems and processes behind operations
- Project management experience with a track record of success managing systems or process implementations.
- Familiarity with project planning software such as MS Project, Primavera
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills required, complex formula writing, model building, macros and VBA is a plus
- Strong technical understanding is required, programming skills such as SQL, VBA, R, Python is a plus
- Analytical aptitude and demonstrated experience in using analytics to drive system and process improvements
- ERP experience is a plus
- Familiarity with agile framework is a plus
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Detail-oriented and excellent quality, documentation and requirements mapping skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.