Talent Development Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Talent Development Specialist. We are looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization.
The TD Specialist will play a critical role in supporting the achievement of organizational goals and strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate should be proficient in training delivery, instructional design and experienced at implementing Talent Development initiatives.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Work collaboratively to design instructional materials and activities that support new hire and existing employee learning and performance
- Facilitate learning via webinar, conference/video call, or physical presentations.
- Training content development, curation and facilitation for onboarding and ongoing development and updates
- Proven experience and capability in navigating, networking, and influencing in a global organization with matrixed divisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities across worldwide based talent in multiple time zones
- Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure project success
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-speed, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- This position requires a four-year degree in adult education and/or equivalent experience and demonstrated application of training strategies in a business environment.
- CPLP preferred
- 3+ years learning facilitation experience
- Certifications in Situational Leadership, Crucial Conversations, MBTI and/or other programs favored
- Proficient in relevant software applications such as learning management systems, Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite, with virtual learning platforms and elearning tools an advantage
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and be self-directed with exceptional follow-through
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Professional written and expert verbal communication skills
- Travel as required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.