Archival Digitization Specialist - Contractor (Bismark, North Dakota)
- Bismarck, ND, USA
Working as a document/archival preservationist for Ancestry requires a technical and computer literate individual who ideally has previous experience working with digitization, archival documents, and/or goal oriented production projects. Qualified candidates will also be detail-oriented, organized, and accustomed to working independently in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks which requires a logical balance of efficiency and accuracy. This opportunity requires the contractor to work within the normal business hours of the office and, as such, is not a work-from-home opportunity and will be paid $13 hourly.
What you will do...
- You will be capturing digital images of documents as specified by the company
- You will be performing quality audits on each roll that is scanned before transmission
- You will be tracking your progress by entering data into spreadsheets and other software
- You will be troubleshoot basic problems with hardware, software, and image quality
- You will be performing basic image enhancement and file organization tasks
What you have...
- You can maintain professional relationships with business partners
- You can maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- You are able to manage multiple projects, able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses
- You have experience with photography, Library and Archives, or History background/experience preferred.
- You are a detailed-oriented, organized, and independent individual
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.