Product Manager, Ancestry Wellness
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is currently looking for an extraordinary Product Manager to join our growing Wellness team, to help lead us in our mission to deliver meaningful experiences to our customers. In this role, you will work to enhance our existing Surveys product by developing a strong understanding of customer motivations and needs and leading teams to create the features that meet them. You will collaborate with Ancestry’s team of scientists, researchers, designers, product owners, and engineers, to deliver incremental value toward the larger vision of a product that you are proud to share with family and friends.
As a member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by science, and insatiably compelled to build products that delight and engage. Our product managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
This position reports to a Principal Product Manager within our Wellness Domain, and is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What you will do
- Iterate and expand on our Surveys feature, unlocking its tremendous potential to engage customers
- Understand how survey answers fit into our vast data assets and steer data collection to maximize value
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, DNA science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customer
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Track, analyze, and report on key metrics
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
Who you are
- Minimum of 3-5+ years building and shipping interactive consumer focused, online web products
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related field
- Strong writing skills (PRFAQ, product proposals)
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Experience with survey design or public health a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.