Manager, People Partner
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry is currently seeking a Manager, People Partner to support our Product and Technology teams. This indivdiual would participate in the development of the organization’s plans, programs and strategies of the business, particularly from the perspectives of organizational capability, performance, leadership, and policy development. This position requires versatility and being comfortable with operating across both tactical and strategic spaces.
The Manager, People Partner role is an integral part of the People and Places team and will play an active role in support of both short and long-term business objectives with the overall goal of retaining, engaging and developing the best talent for the organization. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp business objectives and strategies of multiple teams in multiple sites and partner with others on the people team to support the achievement of those objectives.
What You Will Do
- Act as effective, trusted and credible advisor on people, organizational and business initiatives to support key stakeholders in efforts to improve organizational capability, drive culture change, and define organizational needs
- Implement policies and processes that are flexible, consistent and balanced between the efficiencies of standardization and focus on meeting unique business or geographic needs and reflective of Ancestry’s values
- Provide coaching to managers and employees in a high growth environment to support leadership development, business decision-making, and problem solving
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline, collect and utilize data to influence business outcomes
- Understand the business strategy and potential obstacles to success and recognize marketplace trends that impact the business. Translate these challenges into initiatives that align with the business strategy and fuel high performance
- Responsible for driving performance management and leadership development initiatives in partnership with Talent Development team to assist in reducing turnover and managing a high performing workforce
- Influence and coach client groups to continually raise the bar for hiring and developing
Who You Are
- 5+ years proven HR experience (preferably in High Tech industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or related area required
- Strong business acumen, consulting, analysis, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Superior relationship building skills that serve to consistently deliver results with integrity
- SPHR preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.