- Lehi, UT, USA
The Content organization at Ancestry is seeking a Business Analyst. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the intellectual curiosity to dive deep into the data and extract meaningful business insights. This role will work cross-functionally with the content acquisition team, imaging team, indexing team, and publishing team to measure and improve Ancestry content production. This position will participate extensively in annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and variance analysis. The senior business analyst will be a key driver in re-creating and building new reports as the department shifts to a cloud-based data warehouse solution.
The Content organization at Ancestry takes pride in finding unique historical records from around the globe and converting them into meaningful and searchable formats that serve as a wealth of information for our family history customers. We are a team that provides millions of new unique records to Ancestry customers year-in and year-out. Ancestry is the global leader in family history and more than 20 billion records have been added to the site over the past two decades.
- High-level proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts
- Ability to create new reports from scratch while automating and streamlining existing reports
- Comfortable communicating both with senior management and with individual contributor subject matter expert and tailoring communication style accordingly
- Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential, along with high comfort level with Microsoft Office tools
- Basic understanding of accounting, finance, accruals, and reversals
- Familiarity with Data Warehouses and Data table creation
- Minimum of 5 years of professional analytical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- Experience finding distinct data sources, pulling essential data, and organizing data in a way that tells a clear story to assist the management team in making business-critical decisions
- Experience with enterprise reporting and data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience leading and coordinating broad business reviews
- Master’s Degree
- FP&A experience
- Passion for family history
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.