Senior Product Manager, Hints
- Lehi, UT, USA
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Product Manager, Hints to join our Discovery team. In this role, you should be customer-focused and able to leverage historical records and DNA data to provide clues to help individuals discover their past. You should understand the value that hints (suggested artifacts) bring to the customer’s overall site experience. You will help create the big hints vision for our customers and break it down into bite-size, actionable steps.
In this role, you will work closely with various development teams—our data science team, hints services team, DNA science team, and user experience designers.
As a senior member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers and about building products that delight and engage. Our Product Managers lead through understanding areas of product opportunity, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and UX leaders to bring your vision to market.
You will directly impact customer engagement across both our AncestryDNA and Family History Products.
This position will be based in our Lehi office (relocation assistance is available) and reports to the Sr. Director of Product Management.
What you will do:
- Lead the discovery phase, including user research and user testing for hints
- Create the vision for hints at Ancestry, informing the product roadmap for all devices and platforms with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance
- Write detailed business and product requirements and use cases for hints
- Lead a cross-functional team of development, UX, and product marketing to produce and successfully launch new features and improve existing ones
- Determine, align and deliver success metrics and reporting needs in your area
- Manage ongoing related improvements to our iOS and Android apps
- Minimum of 5+ years of interactive consumer focused, online web product management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, coupled with the emotional intelligence to navigate a large product organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Driven to succeed by the company’s core mission to help people discover, preserve, and share their family history
- Strong organizational skills coupled with highly effective communications skills (written and oral)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Occasional travel required
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.