Director, Brand Experience & Planning
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Director, Brand Experience & Planning to join our team. Ancestry is on a mission to create an iconic brand and this role will be instrumental in making this mission come to life. We are building a team of experienced, passionate, and creative marketing experts to position Ancestry as the leader in personal genomics.
You will help build out the Brand Experience & Planning organization, bringing your knowledge and expertise of brand marketing to life. You will be a brand evangelist and steward both in and outside the organization, constantly innovating to increase consumer value and creating a brand consumers love. You will manage the development and execution of brand experience marketing campaigns, working collaboratively across agency partners, internal and external production teams, and internal marketing channel teams. You will develop and manage streamlined processes for shaping and reviewing marketing campaigns to ensure all campaigns and promotions are on brand and result in significant brand attribution and credit.
What you will do:
- Work with Brand Experience, Insights & Creative teams to develop brand architecture and positioning; enroll and engage the organization to adopt it consistently across every consumer touchpoint
- Develop insights-driven strategies that attract new users and engage our base
- Develop Integrated Marketing Calendar and programs that define the content strategy across all media and all channels
- Own the marketing calendar and development of creative briefs to drive asset creation for integrated program development
- Ensure that brand programs align with brand positioning, marketing strategies, and messaging objectives and are cohesively integrated across all customer touch points. Work with other Marketing leads to ensure seamless integration.
- Build strong working relationships across the marketing organization, including Brand Media, Performance Media, CRM and Onsite Optimization ensuring that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and short-term business objectives
- Drive marketing innovation by identifying, prioritizing and driving execution of new profitable growth opportunities
- Identify and lead marketing process improvement opportunities within Integrated Marketing and across cross-functional partners as appropriate
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience and team development in marketing, with specific experience in consumer-driven brand marketing and digital/social media innovation and engagement
- Strong background in content development storytelling, ideally for a leading consumer enthusiast-driven brand.
- Experience building new categories and/or brands is preferred
- Unique balance between analytical skills and creativity; comfortable interpreting data, deriving actionable insights and using them to inform strategic direction while also able to deliver clear and compelling creative briefs and evaluate creative assets with constructive feedback
- Proven track record in developing integrated marketing plans and optimizing marketing investment
- Ability to develop and retain high performing talent in a collaborative and empowering work environment.
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success
- Strong executive-level communications skills; highly collaborative with all levels of management
- Experience working with and interpreting consumer insight and research
- Balanced leadership style, a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thoughts along with the ability to set a clear vision
- Ability to identify and align the team to focus and drive successful execution accordingly, via both direct and cross-functional resources
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- BA required
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.