Senior Financial Analyst – FP&A
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. This highly visible position will report to the Director of FP&A and will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: member services organization KPIs and financials, marketing opex forecasts & reporting, weekly performance reporting, monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills, well-established financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced finance team, superb analytical abilities, excellent business partnering skills, and an incredible attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Experience with financial reporting, income statement forecasting and analysis, internet subscription models, customer support KPIs, etc.
- Coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans
- Work with functional managers to develop and build plans
- Partner with accounting to ensure that expenses are recorded accurately
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to the management team to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS is required – MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or content driven companies preferred
- 4-6 years of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, report building skills
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment
- Experience with TM1 and Oracle Financials or comparable technologies required
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.