Senior Software Engineer in Test
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET) to join our search platforms team. In this role, you will deliver innovative solutions to ensure continuous quality for our search services and our end users. You will be supporting our development and science teams to continuously deliver code and relevancy models by providing test automation frameworks and test implementations. As such you will define the experiences in engineering a testing platform by using a variety of technologies such as Java, JMeter, Kubernetes and Docker.
Ever wondered what it takes to build and deliver a highly available, global scale enterprise wide search platform that continuously delivers fascinating and relevant search results. Further, ever imagined yourself to deliver end to end test automation capabilities to evaluate search relevancy in real-time. And lastly ever envisioned yourself to build out a test automation framework that enables the seamless, highly available, performant and scalable application deployment through continuous delivery. Then join our search platforms team if you have the talent and desire to do so!
What you will do
- Be a key player in building test automation frameworks enabling continuous integration and delivery of software.
- Owns technical aspects of software test framework development.
- Performs design and development of test cases for integration, load and performance tests.
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with our systems and platforms
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Works closely with product owners on quality aspects that impact search platform, services and frameworks
- 5+ years of experience in automated test development, preferably in Java
- 3+ years of experience with design and implementation test frameworks
- 3+ years of experience of distributed applications
- 3+ years of Linux experience, ideally contributed to open source projects
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions, to think abstractly and deal with problems
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.