Marketing QA and Operational Performance Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry is seeking a Marketing QA (Quality Assurance) and Operational Performance Manager to join our Marketing Production team. You will work behind the scenes as an integral support system for this team as well as assist in other cross-functional capacities. Your primary duties include identifying quality standards, communicating those standards through to teams, conduct thorough reviews of marketing assets, and produce QA/Bug reports for management. This individual will play a role in maintaining brand consistency and accuracy throughout marketing initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a unique combination of technical ability, email/online marketing experience and project management skill.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Perform quality audits on email and onsite assets and verify all marketing materials render accurately across various email clients, browsers, and device types
- Perform QA tests to ensure links, images, segmentations and targeting functions properly for the optimal customer experience
- Work cross-functionally with Production, Marketing, and Project Management teams to ensure timely review of marketing assets
- Subject matter expert on internal marketing processes, procedures, standards, and the customer experience
- Responsible for communicating status, metrics, and trending of quality for the team
- Track and manage all QA processes by carefully documenting details and notes
- Deliver bug and QA pass/fail reports to management
- Responsible for proprietary pricing and packing tool to create offers for marketing initiatives
- Participate in production planning meetings, standups and retrospectives
- Help plan, scope, and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Assist in managing and maintaining Marketing Production internal webpages
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Experience working in a marketing environment performing quality assurance in a methodical way
- 2+ years experience preferred
- Strong understanding and knowledge of email best practices, innovation, and technologies
- A strong desire to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, have a passion for email marketing and technology and be very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excel at time management and prioritization of responsibilities within a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing Share-point or Confluence pages is a plus
- Experience working with Workfront is a plus
- Experience with HTML, SQL, CMS, and/or JSON is beneficial
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.