Chief of Staff, Health and Wellness
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Reporting to and collaborating with the General Manager and Strategic Team, the Chief of Staff will drive the strategic planning process and manage ongoing day-to-day activities in support of Ancestry’s goals to continue to provide a first-in-class health and wellness product in the direct-to-consumer genomics market. The successful candidate will build team systems and processes in order to ensure efficient and effective business operations. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with a dynamic, fast-paced team who approach their work with passion and dedication.
What you will do
- Drive the implementation of strategy
- Lead the ongoing strategic planning process
- Support GM and team on special projects
- Work with the GM and team to ensure that we maintain our core values and an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative environment
- Manage day-to-day activities in support of strategic goals
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and milestones (e.g. board meetings, quarterly business reviews, strategic planning, etc.)
- Oversee budgetary planning and cost management
- Manage staff meetings and draft meeting agendas with input from other team members
- Implement and maintain office policies and processes
Who you are
- Minimum of a BA or BS; MBA or equivalent a plus
- 5+ years of experience and successful track record setting priorities and ensuring execution
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment where team members are open, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the organization
- Keen analytic, organizational, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills
- Excellent communication, writing and relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity, integrity and ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment essential
- Experience in consumer business required, experience in a regulated environment is a plus
- Proven ability to create, implement and improve processes
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.