Senior Go / Golang Developer (Back-end Java) - IS team
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs
This Opportunity Overview:
The ideal candidate is security-minded, with an eye for software architecture that demonstrates both tamper-proof and scalable characteristics. Concepts such as two-factor authentication and decentralized bearer tokens are already familiar to you.
You will be given the opportunity to participate in the architecture and design of the system from a new ground-up perspective, but you will be required to provide backward compatibility with existing systems using a combination of proxies and versatile libraries to ease adoption.
If being the developer who's behind affecting millions is something which would bring passion to your career, this opportunity will allow you to create more than a few systems which will affect 100's of Millions of users (extremely impactful opportunity)!
You will work on-site at our beautiful multi-story headquarters in Lehi, Utah, and there will be many benefits! We offer relocation packages. No remote or contract workers, please.
About the company
Ancestry.com processes human DNA and genealogical records connecting the entire world.
We are a multi-billion dollar privately-held technology company. We’ve been building highly available, scalable, and secure big data systems for over 10 years.
We are looking for a passionate Security minded individual. You will report to the Information Security team, directly to the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Owns technical aspects of software development for customer authentications services and other security-related components and services
- Performs hands-on design and secure development of systems, frameworks, and services running in Amazon cloud and docker
- Develops a deep understanding of clients use and integration with other systems and platforms
- Writes secure code and unit tests, works on API specs, client API and SDK libraries, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identifies continuous improvements for service availability and maintenance
- Works with product owners, security team, project managers and architects to prioritize features for ongoing sprints
Qualifications / Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in software development or equivalent contribution to open source projects in Java.
- Must have 3 years of professional experience, at an Enterprise level programming in GO/ Go(lang).
- Experience working in security-related aspects like authentication, authorization, networking, and firewalls
- The desire to develop in GO (lang) along with backend Java
- Proficient with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Acumen for secure coding practices and overall security hardening of systems and services
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.