Software Development Manager (MarTech)
- Lehi, UT, USA
We are looking for a passionate and motivated engineering manager to lead our world-class engineering team in building data infrastructure and implementing Salesforce Marketing, Service, and Community cloud.
This is an excellent opportunity for you, as a technology leader with exceptional business acumen to collaborate with marketing and business leaders to unlock the huge potential that our Marketing Tech platform has to offer. You will play a pivotal role in defining Ancestry’s Marketing Technology architecture with a focus on personalization and creating a more enriching experience for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the team. You will hire, retain, mentor, coach and develop technical talent.
- Play a key role in shaping Ancestry's marketing technology roadmap by actively engaging in architectural decisions.
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience
- 2 years of direct management experience required
- Bachelor's in computer science degree (or related discipline) required (master's preferred)
- Ideally, you will have experience with Salesforce or some other enterprise CRM stack, in addition to having exposure to marketing technologies.
- Server side technologies, specifically Java
- Micro services based architecture (REST)
- Designing and developing enterprise grade software in fast-paced distributed environments (highly scalable, reliable, available)
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
Big bonus points for:
- Marketing tools experience (content management or campaign manager etc)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Service cloud is a big plus
- Experience working with AWS
- Caching frameworks like memcached and redis experience
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF952X)