- San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a motivated and talented Genetic Epidemiologist to use phenotype data to harness the value of our existing genetic and pedigree data. Working with a diverse team of population geneticists, computer scientists, and statisticians, the Epidemiologist will analyze phenotypes with existing genotype data for over 10 million individuals to help our customers better understand their origins and their connections. The successful candidate will have experience in association analyses in multiethnic populations and a computational background manipulating large genomic datasets.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Genetic Epidemiology, Epidemiology with an emphasis in genetics, Public Health, or related field. Postdoctoral or industry experience is encouraged.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing phenotype data in large multiethnic genomic datasets
- Ability to develop and evaluate study-design and analysis results
- Firm knowledge and application of current statistical methods
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets in languages such as R or Python in a Linux environment
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: linkage studies, gene burden tests, and genetic risk scores in related or unrelated populations
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for our collaborative and fast-paced team environment
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.