Senior Manager, Growth Analytics & Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
With exceptional critical thinking skills and highly perceptive insights, our Senior Manager of Growth Analytics and Strategy drives conversion through captivating onsite experiences.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Analytics and managing a team of analysts, this role informs the strategy of our customer journey across the Family History subscriptions and the AncestryDNA business. Your team’s primary success metric is consistently increasing conversion across mobile and web experiences. You will develop learning agendas and lead the design of A/B tests, analyze data, and share insights aimed at the continued improvement of Ancestry.com’s onsite experience. As a key member of critical marketing initiatives, you will ensure we address business opportunities appropriately with actionable insights. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of offline and online marketing metrics, a customer centric mindset, and a desire to solve problems with a data-first approach.
What you will do
- Increase conversions of the Onsite Experience by developing robust marketing strategies driving engaging offers and experiences
- Share insights and recommendations with broader teams by analyzing data, conducting tests, and evaluating results
- Influence Onsite team’s strategic direction and promote the testing analytics team’s work across the organization
- Synthesize trends and learnings to identify areas for improvement. Present to marketing and onsite team leadership
- Support the Onsite Experience & Optimization team in developing analytical models and key scorecards to quantify results of team initiatives
- Perform Ad hoc analysis to promote understanding of site behavior (eg. pathing & fallout analysis, data mining, surveys, etc.); make actionable recommendations
- Guide marketing technology investments and data infrastructure initiatives
- Lead and develop a small team of analysts through technical and strategic skills coaching
Who you are
- 10+ of analytics experience with 5+ years in a direct-to-consumer organization managing a web analytics team
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field required. Masters/PhD in Statistics highly desirable
- Advanced expertise with data analysis tools like SQL, Tableau, Adobe Analytics and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of increasing conversion through A/B testing and web optimization
- Experience with mobile tracking metrics and tools
- Compelling data storyteller – proven experience building and teaching a structured approach for communicating data insights, that involves a combination of: data, visuals, and narrative.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity with a bias for action
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.