Senior Technical Product Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
We are looking for a phenomenal Senior Product Manager to join our growing team! This role will lead the product direction of a large, technical platform to unlock increased value within all Ancestry products by integrating data science and machine learning into the Ancestry.com platform. You will work with industry-leading data and computer scientists to invent new ways to make it faster, more fun, and easier for people to discover their family history. The unique discoveries they can uncover about themselves and their family that can only be enabled through our world-class technology. You will work broadly across Ancestry, helping teams across multiple product lines and business units leverage this platform and your inventions to hit key business metrics and make your vision a reality. Success in this role means hitting higher-level business outcomes for Ancestry as a whole and unlocking entirely new customer experiences.
This position requires an experienced product manager with solid technical understanding, deep experience working with complex software systems and extensive experience with large data sets and machine learning. This position also requires someone who can articulate a big vision and break it down into bite-size, actionable steps.
What You Will Do:
- Create and articulate a vision of how advances in data science and machine learning will evolve Ancestry’s business and Platform.
- Provide strategic direction to teams of data and computer scientists.
- Understand and champion the end-consumer use-cases that rely on this new platform
- Define requirements for a complex technical system that includes technologies such as Solr, ElasticSearch, Aurora, Redis, Queues, & EMR processes
- Lead a cross-functional team to produce and successfully launch a new family history platform and its associated data models and machine learning algorithms at scale
- Write detailed business and technical requirements for services and APIs needs across the organization
- Work closely with product development teams throughout the company to understand their needs and incorporate them into the broader set of requirements
- Define customer, client, algorithm, and business success metrics and reporting needs to monitor post-launch performance
- Work with other product managers to improve the underlying quality of our data sets and data services
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance (based on the aforementioned metrics)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally computer science, mathematics, or similar discipline. Alternatively, equivalent experience in software development.
- Experience with natural language processing and entity-resolution problems; must have worked with platforms that are data science, machine learning based
- Experience with machine learning algorithms including relationship graphs and recommendation systems
- Passion for creating solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effective communications skills (written and oral), presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills Experience with family history preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.