Paid Search Manager
- London, UK
Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to develop new experiences to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission- to help every person discover, preserve and share the story of what led to them.
Ancestry has more than 1,400 employees in locations across the globe. Headquartered in Utah, Ancestry has offices in San Francisco, Dublin, London, Sydney, and Munich.
Ancestry is looking for a talented Paid Search practitioner to join its cutting-edge growth marketing team. This is an exciting new role in an evolving & dynamic global team.
As the UK and Ireland marketing expert, you will manage the strategy and execution of Paid Search programs in both markets, working closely with agency and internal partners to deliver against business goals.
What you will do:
- Manage performance across multiple search engines (Google, Bing, App Store, etc) and other Google accounts (GDN, GSP) to exceed customer acquisition goals and maximize return on ad spend
- Drive ongoing testing and optimizing to improve performance and capitalize on new opportunities
- Provide regular reporting on program performance against KPI goals and other initiatives
- Partner with US-based global Paid Search team to develop global strategies, share best practices, and manage global vendor and platform relationships
- Work with the wider UK/IE marketing team to align & scale search activity & tests to marketing initiatives
- As an innovator you would educate yourself and the extended team on the latest industry best practices as well as trends in the competitive & local landscape
- Manage budget and forecasting for your programs
- Work closely with the broader team to learn and drive the implementation of full-funnel user acquisition strategies, optimize bidding strategy, and drive landing pages and ad copy to improve local channel performance
- 3-5 years of experience managing paid search marketing programs in an ecommerce or B2C subscription environment
- Working knowledge of paid search management platforms: Adwords, SA360, Marin, etc.
- Track record of applying strategic thinking to paid search campaigns with proven ability to achieve KPIs
- Experience managing and directing external agencies and contractors
- Strong communicator with proven experience developing strategic program plans and partnering on cross-functional marketing initiatives
- Hyper-analytical, passionate about testing, and able to turn data into effective stories and presentations
- A self-starter who is results-driven, focused and analytical
- A problem-solver at heart, finding innovative ways to drive growth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.