Genetic Health Writer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry is seeking a Genetic Health Writer to join our DNA team. We are mounting a major effort to use genomics to shed light on human diversity, origins, relationships, and human health. This position will focus on our development and communication of information related to the role of genetics in health and wellness.
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of epidemiologists, laboratory scientists, product development specialists, user interface designers, software engineers and genetic counselors generating and communicating impactful insights involving personalized genomics. You will use your combination of education in both genetics and communication to insure accuracy and utility of the provided information.
What you will do:
- Research medical topics and write content that is accurate, clear, and appeals to a broad audience.
- Create content to communicate information to the general population concerning genetic markers associated with health and wellness.
- Define principles and guidelines to insure accuracy and comprehension of the reported information, while maintaining an engaging and educational experience for the customer.
- Develop and iterate upon ways to convey residual risk, uncertainties, evolution of knowledge, heritability and association vs causation.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in communicating science to patients/doctors and the general public
- Have a B.S. in a biological science. A Masters is a plus.
- Experienced working in a regulated or clinical environment (preferred, not required)
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently.
- A successful history and ability to handle several fast-paced projects concurrently.
- Great communication, writing and presentation skills to scientific and non-scientific audiences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.