Senior Corporate Counsel
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry is seeking a technology focused commercial attorney with 5-7+ years of experience for the position of Senior Corporate Counsel. This person will be based in Ancestry’s San Francisco, California or Lehi, UT office, will report to Senior Director – Corporate and Securities. The Senior Counsel will be a true business partner, having a meaningful impact on the organization by supplying sound business advice, excellent negotiation skills, and well-informed advice on corporate transactional and securities matters. This position will be located at our headquarters in Lehi, Utah or our office in San Francisco, California.
Responsibilities will include:
- General corporate advice
- Negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements focusing on technology licenses
- Collaborating with internal sourcing and procurement teams
- Advising the business on privacy and GDPR issues as they relate to commercial agreements
- Assisting internal sourcing and procurement teams with contract management
- JD from a top tier law school
- Admission to a State Bar
- 5-7+ years of relevant corporate transactional and securities experience
- At least 3 years of foundational training with a leading national law firm
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, to take on big challenges and complex projects and to be accountable for results, while meeting demanding deadlines and balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Sound and practical business judgment and the ability to provide business-oriented, practical legal advice
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and/or oversee outside counsel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.