AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a science and technology company with a very human mission.
Bringing together science and self-discovery, Ancestry helps everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Our sophisticated engineering and technology harnesses family history and consumer genomics, combining billions of rich historical records, millions of family trees, and samples from over 10 million people in the AncestryDNA database to provide people with deeply meaningful insights about who they are and where they come from.
Ancestry is looking for an Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join our Architecture Team. In this role you will help Ancestry deliver highly scalable, available, flexible, secure, performant, and resilient systems in the cloud that delight both external and internal customers. You will be expected to work with many stakeholders across the company to gather requirements and ensure that the solutions you design meet both the goals and constraints of the business.
The scope of the position includes establishing best practices and patterns, defining governance mechanisms, gathering and documenting technical requirements, designing and reviewing specific solutions, and investigating new technologies. You will work as a member of a team of Solutions Architects, and will work closely with scrum teams and other architects in implementing all aspects of Ancestry’s cloud infrastructure.
Who you are:
- Work closely with stakeholders in many areas of the company including Development, Cloud Operations, and Information Security.
- Develop cloud strategies, roadmaps, best practices, standards, patterns, and policies in collaboration with company stakeholders.
- Work closely with many scrum teams to help them build solutions that take best advantage of the opportunities presented by cloud providers while following required governance processes.
- Work with architects on other teams to train and coordinate on issues and drive best practices, standards and policies for the cloud into all areas of development.
- Stay up to date with cloud industry technologies and best practices.
What you will do:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 10+ years of experience designing and building complex software systems.
- 5+ years of experience in working with public, private, or hybrid cloud technologies including containers and container orchestration, load balancing, cloud security, and cloud storage.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis, and design skills.
- Customer-focused mindset including proven track record of understanding requirements and designing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Expertise in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical documentation including technical requirements documents, architecture diagrams, and sequence/flow diagrams.
- Proficiency in software design and in mentoring and reviewing the designs and code of others.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to clearly explain the business consequences of software design decisions and trade-offs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with engineering managers, product managers, and engineers to collectively drive towards the optimal solutions for Ancestry.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of AWS tools and technologies. Experience with Hashicorp Terraform is a plus.
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.