Senior Product Manager, Recommendations Platform
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. You will enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Engineering to Marketing, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline and across the company Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
This is what you will do….
We are looking for a Product Manager to help lead efforts to create the next generation of intelligent platforms that leverage machine learning, DNA Science, and Big Data to unlock new value for our customers. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of product, engineering, data science, and DNA science leaders to build platforms for a range of products that help a global audience learn more about themselves through discovering who they are, where they’ve come from, and how they’re connected to the world around them. These platforms leverage Ancestry’s unparalleled Big Data assets to unlock the facts, stories, and relationships that make people unique in each of our member’s trees. This position requires a product manager with proven skills that demonstrate technical understanding of Big Data and Machine Learning, experience in working with, and an ability to drive and deliver quality solutions.
As a Product team, we’re passionate about our users and about building products that delight and engage. Our Product Managers lead through understanding areas of product opportunity, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and research, then partnering across the team to bring your vision to market.
Tasks & deliverables:
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Partner with other product managers and engineers to understand the content systems needs and identify the appropriate deliverables and SLAs for those services in Ancestry.
- The ability to communicate status to PM partners and product leadership to understand key metrics and project state.
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2018
- Working towards a bachelor's degree required, ideally computer science, mathematics, or similar discipline. Alternatively, equivalent experience in software development is also acceptable.
- Smart, creative, driven and able to deliver results quickly in autonomous environment
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Driven to succeed by the company’s core mission to help people discover, preserve and share their family history
- Strong organizational and product management skills
- Effective communications skills (written and oral), presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
- Background in and understanding of data science and machine learning with some applied experience
- Passionate about family history a plus
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.