Principal Product Manager, DNA & Ethnicity
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Principal Product Manager for our market-leading DNA Ethnicity experience. In this role, you will help drive the vision and development of new products and features that help people connect with family--both past and present. You will work closely with a passionate, cross-functional team across research, engineering, UX design, science, content production, marketing and customer service to deliver amazing user experiences. While the primary focus of your role is on the DNA Ethnicity experience, you will directly impact customer engagement across the entire Ancestry experience.
As a senior member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers and energized by working closely with smart, talented, fun-loving, execution-focused teammates in a highly interactive environment. You will lead by identifying product opportunity, creating a vision, validating that vision through research, data analysis, and rapid prototyping, measuring effectiveness, and partnering across the organization to bring your vision to market.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management, and is based in our San Francisco, CA office. Relocation assistance is available.
What you will do
- Work with research, user experience, engineering, science, marketing, customer support, and legal teams to deliver products and features that help individuals better understand themselves and their past
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance indicators
- Create user stories and other required input and direction to the Scrum team; own the backlog and keep the team fully engaged building the highest priority features and enhancements
- Define success metrics and reporting needs; make data-driven recommendations.
- Develop features across platforms, including mobile, web, and other emerging technologies
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customers and to enable next-generation personalization of the user experience
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- Deliver customer value on a rapid and regular cadence; learn quickly from quantitative and qualitative feedback; iterate approach with urgency based on learnings
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 7+ years of interactive, consumer-focused, online web product management experience
- Smart, creative, driven and experienced leading a cross-functional team to deliver great products quickly
- Experience making decisions using data analysis and detailed thinking
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision/objectives and influence others
- Ability to work with highly technical SME’s (Bioinformatic & Genomic Scientists) and quickly grasp complex subjects
- Highly effective written communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting management, and team building skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Comfortable and experienced with presenting your work to senior leadership
- Execution-oriented and highly organized
- Natural ability to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. You use facts to make decisions
- Experience with survey design and various primary customer research techniques
- Bachelor’s degree; STEM/computer science background a plus
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.