Software Engineer (Java) - Ancestry (DNA fulfillment)
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page online.
Ancestry is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the worldwide leader in two categories, family history, and consumer genetic testing.
In this role, you will be focused on full stack development of our category-leading AncestryDNA product, which now serves over 7 million customers. This role provides many opportunities for professional growth and advancement and includes experience with writing RESTful web services, managing scalable resources using AWS, and providing engineering for DNA Supply Chain Operations.
What you will do:
- Write high availability and performant RESTful web services
- Manage scalable resources using Amazon Web Services
- Work with Product Management & DNA Operations to provide world-class software solutions
- Integrate with service providers (Shippers, Labs, Manufacturing)
- Follow best practices for code quality and testing
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science (or strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms)
- 4-7 years’ of development experience in Java backend technologies, in an Enterprise Organization
- Experience Developing Spring Frameworks
- Development experience with REST, JSON, SOA, HTTP, SSL, Caching and AOP
- Strong relational database experience (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Understanding of software development processes, including object oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Disciplined approach to development including QA, TDD and Design Patterns
- Nice to have: AWS and JS Frameworks
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.