Clinical Variant Scientist, Health and Wellness
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking a Clinical Variant Scientist to join our DNA team. We are mounting a major effort to use genomics to shed light on human diversity, origins, relationships, and human health. This position will focus on ensuring the clinical validity of the interpretation of genetic results for health and wellness. This office-based position will be at our headquarters in Lehi, Utah or our office in San Francisco, California.
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, laboratory scientists, and product development specialists generating and communicating impactful insights involving personalized genomics. You will use your skills and experience in human genetics to ensure accuracy and utility of our future products.
What you will do
- Review, evaluate, and curate literature and public databases
- Curate, document, and organize candidate markers and conditions or phenotypes
- Create a consistent process for evaluation of clinical relevance for candidate markers, and apply and document this process for future markers and conditions of interest
- Contribute your expertise to the development of our future health and wellness products
- Masters or PhD in human genetics, genetic counseling, or related area with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Previous research or industry experience with evaluating clinical validity, variant curation, or variant interpretation
- Familiarity with genomic assays such as microarray or next-generation sequencing
- Demonstrated ability to understand, synthesize, and coherently evaluate complex genetic information as well as related molecular biology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.