Genealogical Researcher- U.S./ Canada
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Genealogist to join our US/Canadian/UK team. The AncestryProGenealogists team conducts client research starting in the United States and Canada, then traces ancestral origins to the United Kingdom and Ireland. They work to bring the best research available to our clients. As a Genealogist on this team, you will be driving industry standards and work on a diversity of research from many different countries. You will ensure that our clients receive the highest quality research available.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct client-facing genealogical research.
- Write client-facing research reports and summaries.
- Research records from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland (primarily).
- Work with various civil and religious repositories.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5 Professional genealogical research experience.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, History, Linguistics (or related field); or equivalent advanced skills and experience in genealogical research.
- You have a CG, AG or other related accreditation (or working toward it)
- You have advanced experience in United States (particular focus on Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and New England states) and Canadian genealogy research.
- You have intermediate or advanced experience in Irish, English and Scottish genealogy research.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
Who We Are:
Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission: to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what lead to them. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, and we use this powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people uncover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
Along with the chance to change lives and work with a fantastic group of people, we also offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits you can visit: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/greatplacetowork.