Genomic Data Validation Scientist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
Ancestry is seeking a Data Validation Scientist to join our DNA team. We are mounting a major effort to use genomics to shed light on human diversity, origins, relationships, and human health. This position will focus on ensuring the analytical validity of our genotyping platforms for future health and wellness products. This position will be located at our headquarters in Lehi, Utah or our office in San Francisco, California.
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, bioinformaticians, laboratory scientists, and product development specialists generating and communicating impactful insights involving personalized genomics. You will use your genomic data analysis, coding, and database skills to ensure the accuracy of our genomic platform.
What you will do
- Develop workflows and pipelines for analyzing performance of our genotyping platforms
- Design, execution, and review of analytical validation studies
- Assist in preparing documentation, protocols, and reports in support of the quality system
- Contribute your expertise to the development of our future traits, health and wellness products
- BS, Masters, or PhD in genetics, molecular biology, computer science, or related field
- Experience working with genomic data
- Experience with scripting and databases (SQL or other query language)
- Useful but not required: Python, R, Perl, version control (Git)
- Proficiency with statistical concepts as applied to genomic testing (sensitivity, specificity, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.