Place Associate - Contractor Part-Time
- Lehi, UT, USA
As a Place Associate, you will work alongside Ancestry’s Content department to enrich historical geographic data. This position will assist Ancestry in creating, acquiring, and verifying historical geographic data. As a genealogy company, historical geography is essential to Ancestry’s goal of enhancing our user experience. You should be willing to learn, solve problems, make decisions, and give special attention to detail. This position will require you to complete tasks and projects for publication and use on Ancestry’s site.
What you will do:
- Analyze on available historical geographic data
- Utilize GIS for analysis
- Report on project status and progress
- Create and update historical geographic data from reliable sources
- Research necessary dates, place names, and geographic changes for specified areas
- Knowledge and experience with Esri ArcGIS
- The ability to pick up new technical tasks easily and quickly
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience or interest in working with database programs (i.e. SQL, Access, Excel)
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or interest in history and/or genealogy research
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.