Product Manager, Regulated Health
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a product manager to join our growing health team, to own and drive regulated health reports rooted in our mission of empowering journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. With the largest DNA database in the world, you are uniquely positioned to produce unparalleled insights through delivering personalized health information in a human-friendly manner. You will strive to develop a strong understanding of customer motivations and needs to lead your team to create features that meet current and future customers where they are. You will collaborate with Ancestry’s team of scientists, researchers, designers, product owners, and engineers, to produce value, leading to a larger vision for a product you are proud to share with family and friends.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What You Will Do
- Articulate and drive the vision for how new and existing customers will make personal discoveries through regulated health reports
- Define roadmap and deliver features that facilitate health-related journeys
- Author product stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Build strong working relationships and fundamental alignment with peers in UX, ENG, DNA Science, Product Analytics, and Marketing
- Facilitate product continuity and organizational alignment between different initiatives
- Collaborate with quality assurance and regulatory affairs to comply with quality standards and pertinent regulation; produce documentation as needed
- Create a process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in an ever-evolving environment
- Engage external partners to accelerate development and maximize customer satisfaction
- Define, track, and communicate clear success criteria
Who You Are:
As a member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by science, and insatiably compelled to build products that delight and engage. Our product managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
- Minimum of 3+ years building and shipping interactive consumer focused, online web products
- 2+ years managing medical device products or developing products under a quality management system
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related field
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Passion for innovating and solving problems in the health and healthcare space
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.